We are looking for a senior designer/art-director who feels passionate about working on projects that can make a social difference. Your work is concept driven, you like to problem solve and craft your designs and you have a keen eye for detail.
Carbon Creative was born out of an unwavering desire to give Indigenous Australians a positive voice in media. It wasn’t that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders weren’t already capable, creative innovators and natural compelling storytellers in their own right, but more so, the stereotype and expectation of most was the opposite.
Today and everyday we help shape and share stories, not only for First Australians but for a diverse audience from the mainstream to the marginalised.
As a dynamic, nimble creative agency, we deliberately have very few layers, preferring to keep things simple yet specialised, making us accessible, consistent and sustainable. We take great pride in our authentic, creative and strategic approach to whatever the challenge—committed to share compelling, engaging stories that impact and prompt positive change.
Like everyone in the Carbon team, the expectation is that you will work across Indigenous and non-Indigenous projects, will be respectful of all traditions and cultures, and you welcome and celebrate diversity.
- deliver strong design solutions for a variety of projects across print, digital, social, TV, out of home etc.
- work as part of a small, highly motivated and talented team
- collaborate in seeing jobs through from brief to delivery
- are passionate about good ideas and well-crafted design
- have a strong portfolio
- have a great attention to detail
- have great finished art skills, as well as design and concept skills
- are highly competent in the Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- like to work as part of a small team
- are keen to work on a variety of projects across various channels
- keep up to date with the latest trends and technologies
- are self motivated, pro-active and organised
- have a strong social remit with a natural motivation to contribute towards positive social change
- are an experienced designer/art-director 6+ experience
- have a sense of humour and the ability to leave your ego at the door
Carbon Creative celebrates diversity and so we strongly encourage members of all cultures and communities to apply.
Please send us a CV and a PDF with your folio, or a link to your folio at firstname.lastname@example.org and put ‘Designer Wanted: <your name>’ in the subject line.